- The Team
Douglas Fir Fudge
250g double cream
10g Douglas fir needles (washed and dried)
250g caster sugar
75g good quality white chocolate (broken into pieces)
1. Bring the cream to the boil add the Douglas fir, and pour into a vita mix (or other blender) and blitz until bright green.
2. Put chocolate pieces in large bowl
3. Put the sugar into a large saucepan, as when it begins to boil, it will increase in volume. Pass the blended cream onto the sugar and transfer onto a low heat and mix well to dissolve the sugar.
4. Turn the heat up slightly, still constantly stirring so it doesn’t catch, until it reaches 115°C, being careful, as it may bubble and it will be very hot.
5. Pour onto the chocolate and whisk until there are no white streaks of chocolate.
6. Pour into a lined rectangular mould.
7. Allow to set fully, then cut into 2cm squares,
8. Will keep in a fridge for up to one week
This recipe makes approximately 30 pieces. NB one can adjust recipe proportionally